I love to ask people questions because great questions can usually cut through a lot of the fog. Jesus was a person who was always asking great questions…
- When the disciples were in a boat in a terrible storm, Jesus asked, “Why are you afraid?” (Matthew 8:26)
- He asked the disciples, when they were faced with feeding a crowd of over 5,000 people, “Where shall we buy bread for these people to eat?” (John 6:5)
- He asked the woman caught in adultery, “Where are your accusers? Has no one condemned you?” (John 8:10)
- After teaching the crowds about how much God cares for them, He asked them, “Why do you worry about what you will eat and what you will wear?” (Matthew 6:31)
- When Peter made his claim that he would die for Jesus, Jesus asked, “Will you really lay down your life for me?” (John 13:38) And then, after his resurrection, Jesus asked him, “Do you love me?” (John 21:17)
- Is Jesus asking you any questions today?