As I talk with pastors and leaders throughout the week, I realize I lay a grid over virtually all my appointments where I bring these hopes and expectations …
1. Keep your promises, your word, your appointments. Nothing breaks your credibility faster than not keeping your word. Keeping your word develops discipline and integrity.
2. Take pride in your appearance and your work. How do you appear to other people?
3. Treat people in the same way you would expect them to treat the people in their world. The way you treat people is a barometer to everyone around you.
4. Always be looking for ways to learn and grow personally. You improve yourself, others around you will improve.
5. Ask for feedback. Don’t wait for it.