1. First and foremost, Jesus Christ came into the world to save sinners, of which any of us might declare ourselves public proof of being Sinner number #1. I Timothy 1:15
2. None of us will make it to our next breath, let alone spending an eternity with our Lord and Savior, without sheer mercy. Don’t water that down. It’s true. I know it. You know it. Thank God for his unceasing mercy! I Timothy 1:16
3. God shows us off, in a sense, to those who will one day surrender to Christ, trusting in his sacrifice for them. We are, quite frankly, an example of God’s immense, endless patience and kindness. I Timothy 1:16
4. Our only response, our reasonable response, perhaps our spontaneous response, should be to cry out with the saints down through the ages: “Now unto the king eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen.” I Timothy 1:17
5. When I sang this this great hymn as a boy, I felt like I could go, almost immediately, right into the presence of God. Singing it made me feel so small, so insignificant, well, so totally reliant upon his mercy and grace. That, thank God, I absolutely got right!