This is one of the great passages to read and ponder during Lent…
New International Version (NIV)
14 Since the children have flesh and blood, he too shared in their humanity so that by his death he might break the power of him who holds the power of death—that is, the devil—15 and free those who all their lives were held in slavery by their fear of death.16 For surely it is not angels he helps, but Abraham’s descendants.17 For this reason he had to be made like them, fully human in every way, in order that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in service to God, and that he might make atonement for the sins of the people.18 Because he himself suffered when he was tempted, he is able to help those who are being tempted.
1. Jesus said very clearly in Matthew 26:
53 Do you think I cannot call on my Father, and he will at once put at my disposal more than twelve legions of angels? 54 But how then would the Scriptures be fulfilled that say it must happen in this way?”
2. Jesus embraced death to destroy the devil’s hold on death and free people who are scared to death.
3. He didn’t go to all this trouble for angels. It was for people like me.
4. That’s why he entered into life all the way, just like we do.
5. As Jesus came before God as a faithful high priest to get rid of the people’s sins (to make atonement), he already had experienced the pain and the testing of life. He is the only one to turn to for help. He has been where we are!
One thought on “100 % God; 100% Human… Our Lord and Savior”