I am coaching you and I appreciate our time together. As a pastor, my temptation is to listen to you, think of what I would do and then blurt it out. But that's not what I want to do here. As your coach, I am more of a bouncing board and want to listen and ask you what I hope are some good, even piercing questions…
Here are some of the actual questions that might literally be included in a real coaching session:
* So, what you do you want to talk about?
* What would make this a really good coaching session?
* If we could accomplish one thing, what would it be?
* What are your expectations?
* What questions can I ask you that would be most helpful?
* What are the consequences?
* Is that true?
* Do you have other options?
* What did you expect would happen?
* What is the best that can happen?
* What is the worst that can happen?
* What will it look like for you to get there?
* If you do one thing as the result of our coaching session, what would it be?
* How are you going to put that in motion?
* What do you have now that you didn't have at the beginning of this coaching session?