1. God loves us. He believes in us. How incredible is that? He chooses us and calls us and smiles at us. Holy cow! verse 1 [Called]
2. When we step out our door this morning, we will remember that this day is about God more than it is about us. So we humble ourselves, considering that we are fearfully and wonderfully made. Everyone is! — regardless of whether we like them or not. So let’s be watching for God to move and lead and direct our path. verse 2 [Humility]
3. That leads us to be gentle with people, irrespective of who they are, what they do and or what they say. So friends, no sharp, demeaning words out of our mouths, regardless. We will watch the tone of our voice. Mostly we will use your inside voice, just like young mothers request of their children. Isn’t that how we want others to speak with us? Sure it is. verse 2 [Gentleness]
4. There are parts of this day that will not go according to our plan. Like that’s news to us. So we practice patience — first with ourselves because God is not done with us yet. No kicking ourselves and fretting about how bad we are or how inadequate we are. Enough of that foolish talk. Instead, we must give the Spirit room to work — first in our own heart. We will then proceed to show similar forbearance and patience to our spouse and our children and our family and those with whom we work and yep, even those we go to church with but don’t particularly like. They are are in the battle with us — our chief allies, not our feared enemies. verse 2 [Forbearance, Patience]
5. And then we will pray, “Heavenly Father, I will, with your help, love and respect myself. I will give others the benefit of the doubt today. I will bear with them, just as I hope they will bear with me and my weaknesses. May the peace of Christ that can pass my understanding, rule in my life today in all that I do.”
6. There you go, friends. Keep smiling. Stay alert. Watch for God’s presence. Have some fun!